50,000 gallons of water each minute flow under you to create a five-foot ocean-like wave on this exciting attraction. Try your bodyboarding or surfing* skills in this incredible, (best of all) safe environment. The FlowRider is one experience that will never be the same twice!
Learn to conquer the FlowRider!
For prices and to register for the next day's session, please stop by the Waterpark Front Desk or call 419-433-7200, ext. 34162.
Private FlowRider Parties available!
Reserve the FlowRider for your group of 10 or more. Parties are available before the Waterpark opens or after closing. For more information, please call 419-433-4958.
Safety Rules and Procedures
- This is a very strenuous ride. Riders must be able to swim in turbulent moving water.
- Bodyboarding this sheet wave is a body - active, participatory sport. As with all sports, care must be taken to avoid injury.
- Riders must be in good physical condition and free from any physical limitations to participate. Pregnant women and persons with a history of heart, back, neck, shoulder or joint problems should not ride.
- Riders must be at least 42 inches tall to participate in bodyboarding and 52 inches tall to surf.
- Maximum weight limit is 300 lbs.
- Jewelry, hats, eye glasses, or loose articles of any type are not recommended on the ride as they may injure the participant or damage the ride surface.
- Bodyboarding: When instructed by the Gatekeeper, place your body board into the launch ramp, slick side down. Lie down with your stomach on the bodyboard; head first, with your hips along the rear edge of the board. Your legs should be extended straight behind you. Your hands should grab the forward rails of the board.
- Avoid jumping into or entering the ride at high speeds -- YOU WILL WIPE OUT!
- Steer your bodyboard into the center of the flowing water. You can control your body board by gently shifting your weight. Obey the wave staff at all times.
- Single riding only is permitted. No tandem riders or multiple single riding is allowed.
- The flowing water may pull off bathing suit tops, bottoms and loose clothing. Cover ups are required for guests wearing two piece swim suits.
- Horseplay and daredevil stunts are not permitted.
- Riders must be bare foot.
- CAUTION! The ride surface is very slippery.
- NO TANDEM RIDERS.
- GUESTS MAY NOT DROP IN FROM THE TOP WHEN RIDING.
Section 1711.551 of Revised Ohio State Code requires that riders must obey all warnings and directions regarding attractions and behave in a manner that will not cause or contribute to injury to themselves or others.