50,000 gallons of water each minute flow under you to create a five-foot ocean-like wave on this exciting attraction. Try your bodyboarding or surfing* skills in this incredible, (best of all) safe environment. The FlowRider is one experience that will never be the same twice!
*For the safety of our guests, a quick orientation is required for any guest that plans on stand up surfing in addition to the existing FlowRider rules. Orientation lasts about 10 minutes and is available 3 times a day at 8:45 AM, 6:45 PM and Waterpark Closing. Orientation includes how to safely use the attraction, waiver explanations, and some basic knowledge of the ride.
Learn to conquer the FlowRider!
Check out our Waterpark Experiences page for details.
Private FlowRider Parties available!
Reserve the FlowRider for your group of 10 or more. Parties are available before the Waterpark opens or after closing.
For more information, please call 608-254-5497.
Safety Rules and Procedures
- This is a very strenuous ride. Riders must be able to swim in turbulent moving water.
- Body boarding this sheet wave is a body-active, participatory sport. As with all sports, care must be taken to avoid injury.
- Riders must be in good physical condition and free from any physical limitations to participate. Pregnant women and persons with a history of heart, back, neck, shoulder, or joint problems should not ride.
- Riders must be at least 42 inches tall to participate in bodyboarding and 52 inches tall to surf.
- Jewelry, hats, eye glasses, or loose articles of any type are not recommended on the ride as they may injure the participant or damage the ride surface.
- Bodyboarding: When instructed by the Gatekeeper, place your body board into the launch ramp, slick side down. Lie down with your stomach on the body board, head first, with your hips along the rear edge of the board. Your legs should be extended straight behind you. Your hands should grab the forward rails of the board.
- Flowboarding: Orientation is required for any guest that plans on stand up surfing in addition to the existing FlowRider rules. Orientation lasts about 10 minutes and is available 3 times a day at 8:45 AM, 6:45 PM and Waterpark Closing.
- Avoid jumping into or entering the ride at high speeds – YOU WILL WIPE OUT!
- Steer your body board into the center of the flowing water. You can control your body board by gently shifting your weight. Obey the wave staff at all times.
- Single riding only is permitted. NO tandem riders or multiple riding is allowed.
- The flowing water may pull off bathing suit tops, bottoms, and loose clothing. Cover ups are suggested.
- Horseplay and daredevil stunts are not permitted.
- Riders must be barefoot.
- CAUTION! The ride surface is very slippery.
- NO TANDEM RIDERS!
- GUESTS MAY NOT DROP IN FROM THE TOP WHEN RIDING.