From our family to yours.
“Storms make trees take deeper roots.” As your family stays grounded and blossoms from this unforeseen storm, we will be proud to be a part of your roots once again, as we have for the past 20 years.
We are a family-run business. We work hard to do what is best for our guests and team.
We continue to monitor the recommendations from the CDC and follow the guidelines set by each state we are proud to call home to; Wisconsin, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Texas. The information continues to be fluid with frequent changes. What you see below now, likely won't be the same during your visit. But we are committed to this evolving process.
We want you to have confidence in your getaway with us. To focus on the family memories instead of the worry. We feel it’s important to give you as much information as possible about the things we are doing to ensure your safety.
The Kalahari Commitment to Clean
We're In This Together.
And Here For You.
No One Said This Would Be Easy.
But We are Up for a Challenge.
Because We Love What We Do.
And Who We Do It For.
RESORT-WIDE WELLNESS INITIATIVES
- We ask that all guests respect a proper physical distance staying 6-feet from anyone not in your group
- Sanitizer stations are located throughout the resort
- Signage will be hung, reinforcing proper hygiene
- Express check-out process is automatic for all guests to minimize contact
- Cash-free methods of payment available and encouraged
- We currently use Hospital-grade disinfectant resort-wide when sanitizing
- We have implemented a Wellness Concierge. This person will communicate safety initiatives and monitor our new health standards
- Masks or Shields are worn by most associates. Protective screens are in place in those areas where it is necessary for an example the Front Desk, Coffee Shops, Retail Stores and Snack Shops
- Occupancy limits: We are aware of any state mandates limiting occupancy. If you have a reservation already or still see availability to book, please know your reservation is secure. Occupancy is derived from a combination of limited guest rooms, Waterpark day pass admittance, Spa, Restaurants and Convention Center groups
- PENNSYLVANIA: Guests over the age of two are currently required to wear masks at our Pocono Mountains location. Guests will be asked to wear masks throughout the resort. This includes wearing masks to and from the waterparks, lounging within the waterpark and while not actively using a waterpark attraction. The exception to wearing masks includes dining in a restaurant, at the bar, in the water or in your guest room.
- OHIO: Per Ohio Department of Health, all guests over the age of 10 are required to wear masks while on the Ohio property. Guests will be asked to wear masks throughout the resort. This includes wearing masks to and from the waterparks, lounging within the waterpark and while not actively using a waterpark attraction. The exception to wearing masks includes dining in a restaurant, at the bar, in the water or in your guest room.
- WISCONSIN: Guests are encouraged to wear masks throughout the resort when unable to maintain 6 feet of social distance. All team members will be wearing masks.
- TEXAS: Per the city of Round Rock mandate, guests over the age of 10 are required to wear masks when unable to maintain 6 feet of social distance.
CHECK IN & GUEST SERVICES WELLNESS INITIATIVES
- All touch point areas, including credit card machines and kiosks, will be sanitized after each transaction
- All key cards and Waterpark wristbands will be sanitized
- Information in the key card packet containing maps, coupons and activities will be sent via text
- Remote check in stations will be utilized to provide additional space when needed
- We ask that only one family member checks in at the front desk
GUEST ROOMS & SUITES WELLNESS INITIATIVES
- In effort to not enter an occupied guest room, traditional stay over service will no longer be available. However, we will deliver any additional amenity requests with contactless delivery
- Should you need a change of linens or towels, rooms will be equipped with large bags to exchange items outside of the door
- High touch items have been removed, including: tissue box covers, ice bucket, informational binder, coffee makers, newspapers, menus and pens
- In-room dining menus and other collateral will be provided via text message
- Housekeeping team members will be required to wear gloves and housekeeping carts will be sanitized daily
WATERPARKS WELLNESS INITIATIVES
- Physical distancing reminders throughout the park
- The CDC states, "There is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the use of pools and hot tubs. Proper operation, maintenance, and disinfection (e.g., with chlorine and bromine) of pools and hot tubs should remove or inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19"
- EPA approved chemicals are used and safety protocols meet or exceed industry standards
- Chairs and loungers will be sanitized frequently
- Some of the chairs and loungers will be removed to aid in physical distancing
- To avoid unnecessary cross-over between guests, on the day of departure, guests may enjoy the Waterpark until 3 PM prior to leaving in Wisconsin, Ohio & Pennsylvania
CONVENTION CENTER WELLNESS INITIATIVES
- Continental buffets and coffee breaks will focus on house-packaged, single use or refillable options
- We are reconfiguring meeting room layouts to accommodate physical distancing best practices
- Hybrid meeting offerings available
FOOD & BEVERAGE OPERATIONS WELLNESS INITIATIVES
- Restaurant occupancy will be dictated by local governance
- Pen and check presenters will be sanitized after each use
- Mint and toothpick offerings have been removed
- Condiments will be sanitized between each guest and/or single use condiments will be available
ARCADE & ADVENTURE PARKS WELLNESS INITIATIVES
- Physical distancing initiatives will be implemented for safe queuing for ride and attractions
- Arcade games will be sanitized frequently
- Tom Foolerys is sanitized by Air Essentials, which lasts 12 days, killing viruses like MRSA, HINI, Enterovirus, Staph and Corona Virus. We use this every 7 days.
- Sanitation wipes will be readily available
- Rides and attractions will be sanitized after each use
SPA KALAHARI & SALON WELLNESS INITIATIVES
- All treatment rooms will be cleaned and sanitized after each guest
- Signage will be displayed outside the treatment room once sanitized
ASSOCIATE RESPONSIBILITY WELLNESS INITIATIVES
- Temperature checks will be required for any associate coming on property. Any associate with a temperature higher than 100.4 will not be permitted on property
- Associates will be required to complete wellness and safety training prior to returning to work. Training will include OSHA and CDC requirements
- All shared equipment, including radios, phones, computers, payment terminals, kitchen equipment and time clocks, will be sanitized after every use
As more information becomes available, we will continue to make adjustments to support the safety and well-being of guests and associates.
We have taken enhanced health and safety measures—for you, our other guests, and associates. You must follow all posted instructions while visiting Kalahari Resorts & Conventions and Tom Foolerys.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, or CDC, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
By visiting Kalahari Resorts & Conventions and Tom Foolerys, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Let's keep each other healthy and safe.
From our family ownership to all of our team members across the country, we take pride in the role we are playing to aid the wellness of those we serve. We are looking forward to serving you and your family soon.