Waterpark Attraction Safety Information
Kalahari is committed to the safety of our guests.
We ask that you read and abide by all rule and procedures here and throughout our Waterpark. Have fun. Be Safe.
GENERAL WATERPARK SAFETY
Life vests are required for all children under 48". At Kalahari Resorts, the safety and security of our guests is our number one priority. In our indoor and outdoor Waterparks, Kalahari is proud to meet, and in many cases, exceed state and federal guidelines for Waterpark safety. Although many children possess excellent swimming capabilities in standard pools, Kalahari Resorts requires all children under 48" to wear a life vest for added safety while enjoying our Waterparks. You are encouraged to bring your own life vest if it is well fitting and U.S. Coast Guard approved. Complimentary life vests are available in the Waterpark on a first come first served basis.
Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
State law prohibits any food or beverage to be brought in from outside the Waterpark." to "You may not bring any food or beverage into the Waterpark."
WATERPARK SAFETY RULES & PROCEDURES
- Persons with infections, signs of illness or disease or with rashes, sores or bandages are prohibited
- Patrons should shower before entering the pool area and after using toilet facilities.
- Do not use the pool if you have had diarrhea within the last two weeks.
- Don’t swallow or spit pool water.
- Children require frequent bathroom breaks - check swim diapers often.
- All diaper dependent guests are required to wear a swim diaper or a vinyl cover with elastic leg openings. Swim diapers are available in the retail outlets.
- Diaper changing on the pool deck is prohibited.
- Please wash children thoroughly (especially the rear end) with soap and water before swimming.
- No diving.
- No running, rough play, and/or deceptive play that simulates a person in danger.
- Intentional hyperventilation or extended breath holding is dangerous and prohibited.
- No glass or shatterable items in the waterpark.
- Wristbands are required for entry.
- All animals are prohibited from entry. EXCEPT SERVICE ANIMALS.
- Children under the age of 16 should be supervised by a parent or guardian.
- Proper swim attire required.
- Read signs for all attractions and activities before participating.
- Obey all life guard and slide attendant instructions.
- No off-premises food or beverage allowed.
- A U.S. Coast Guard approved flotation device is REQUIRED for all guests 48 in. (1,220 mm) or less and all non-swimmers.
- All riders must comply with all applicable laws, heed all posted and oral rules and refrain from acting in a manner which may knowingly cause or contribute to the injury of themself or others or in a manner contrary to prohibited acts for riders under applicable law.
Individual Ride Safety Information
- Barrelling Baboon
- Cheetah Racers
- Coral Cove
- Dungeons of Hout Bay
- Family Indoor/Outdoor Hot Tub
- Grotto Swim Up Bar
- Kenyan Korkscrew
- Lazy River
- Lost Lagoon Basketball Pool
- Rippling Rhino
- Sahara Sidewinder
- Screaming Hyena
- Serengeti Spinner
- Splashdown Safari
- Swahili Swirl
- Tanzanian Twister
- The Smoke That Thunders
- Tiko's Watering Hole
- Wave Pool
- Wild Wildebeest
- Zig Zag Zebra